Ron and Marilyn's Place

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Eat Your Heart All You Other Guys



Today marks the 37th anniversary of the day I was able to get promises out of the best "catch" in the world. Marilyn stood and went public with her intent to walk the path of this life with me as her partner. Boy, what a coup I pulled off in making that happen. Those promises have brought me much joy, shaped my life for the better, given me children and grandchildren that are beyond compare and made my life more meaningful and fuller than I could ever have imagined.

We have trotted the world together and toiled in God's Kingdom together. We have made friends and influenced people more than should have been possible. She is my best friend, favorite person, better half, help meet, spiritual partner and we are one.

As you say your prayers at night, don't forget to praise God for having blessed me with such a wife. You don't have to think that I claim to deserve her - you only have to know that I am the one who got her and I couldn't be happier. It may not be considered politically correct to state it this way, but I think I'll keep her. So, eat your heart out all you other guys.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And she got a great husband in you.

    donna

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger Phil / Sandy said…

    Thanks for the wonderful praise and obvious love for a great woman. God fit you two together and makes the "fit" better everyday. Indeed - reason to thank Him for his many blessings.

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger Steve Coan said…

    Congrats. You guys are like peanut butter and jelly. :)

    Ron, I also thought you'd be interested in Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day today.

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger Mr C said…

    Every day I try to visit a new Blog - today I visted yours and it brought a smile to my face. I am so happy that you are so happy with each other.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger shell said…

    The best part is that I got the best parents in the world out of the deal.

    Love you both!!!

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Joyce B. said…

    Awww. Sweet. Congratulations. I like your kids and grandkids too!

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok, so i know i'm WAY late on this, but Congrats! This is soooo sweet Ron, and truthful. What a lovely example you guys are. Love you both.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home