Ron and Marilyn's Place

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Come Before Winter: Singapore & Indonesia Part 1

Come Before Winter is a renewal for women in ministry in foreign lands. I just returned from my fourth renewal which began in Singapore and then to Bintan Island, Indonesia. Women from Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines, China, Japan and Malaysia attended. The CBW team was made up of 12 women from the states and one missionary ambassador who attended the last renewal in Germany. This was a special treat for me as I was reunited with dear friends from the Philippines, where Ron and I served for 12 years.


We landed in Singapore, a metropolitan city-state of 3.5 million on Friday, June 9 at 1am after 22 hours in the air. This view is looking out from our hotel balcony.

This year I was the registrar for the renewal so had been communicating with these ladies for some time before I finally met them. What a treat to see their faces! Below see special friends Minnie and Gigie from the Philippines. Our niece Jenny Carter was able to come along with Lisa Taylor, who are both teaching English in China.



The renewal actually took place on Bintan Island, Indonesia, an hour by ferry off the coast of Singapore. The CBW team arrived there on Saturday afternoon, June 10 to finish our preparations. Each Sunday before the renewal begins the team has a morning of worship and communion. We were preparing to be in the book of Philippians for the week so we immersed ourselves in God's Word the rest of the day with silence, sollitude and prayer.

Monday afternoon the women begin arriving at the resort, welcomed by music and dancing provided by the hotel. We had never experienced such a joyous welcome before!


Check back tomorrow for part 2! And more pictures!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Team Mexico said…

    Loved the first update and can't wait for the second! : ) I'm glad you're back safe and sound, but I know that you were an amazing blessing to the women there because you are an amazing blessing to me. You're the best mom in the whole world!
    How's that jetlag coming along?
    Love,
    Sara

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger shell said…

    Ditto! I can't wait for more! Can you get it done before I leave? I love you and can't wait to see you on Thurs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home